Love Changes Everything

    Last week our family experienced the pain of loss when we found out our baby had no heartbeat and stopped developing at 9 weeks. It has been harder than I thought it would be. Physically and emotionally. One of the harder things was having to tell our boys that the baby wouldn't be coming. When we told them we had "lost the baby" our four year old looked shocked as if we had simply misplaced our child. We quickly explained to him that the baby was in heaven. He cried, his older brother cried. We all cried together. What came next? The talk of hope and a simple sweet prayer from our youngest "Dear God, please send us another baby." Though that moment was hard, his prayer was so sweet. It keeps playing through my mind but not for reasons you would think. It keeps reminding me how much His love truly changes everything.

  His love changed everything when He traded His throne for a manger. His love changed everything when He gave up His crown of righteousness for a crown of thorns. His love changed everything when He willing hung on that cross and with his blood not only forgave me, but bought my freedom! His love changed everything when He conquered death. His love changed everything when He rose, proving His victory over death and the grave. His love changed everything when I asked Him into my life. His unchanging love continues to change my life every single day. I may be filled with grief but I am not filled with despair because I know that my God is with me. He walks with me. He uplifts me. Though I feel sorrow, I still have joy and peace and it's all because of His great love.

  This is my confidence in Christ, that even when the worst things in life happen I can still boast in His love. It's because of His love I can walk through the darkness because He already overcame it. The light shines in the darkness and the darkness has not overcome it. (John 1:5) It's because of His love that I have a fortress and a refuge in the day of my distress. (Psalm 59:16) It's because of His love I have hope that's an anchor for my soul(Hebrews 6:19) and because of His love I know the morning will come! weeping may endure for the night, But joy comes in the morning. (Psalm 30:5)

    I can't imagine what it would be like to go through this without His love. Our baby is not lost but is in the presence of God who loves him/her more than we could ever imagine; More than we ever could ourselves. Our baby is alive and living in the greatest kingdom of all time. I am so blessed that our family knows this hope and love. If you're going through the dark in your own life whether it be loss, depression, heartache.. whatever it is, you do not have to face it alone. To know God is to know love because GOD IS LOVE. He will meet you right where you are. It doesn't mean your outside circumstance will change, but it will change how you get through it. His love changes EVERYTHING.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

He is Close to the Brokenhearted

Focus Your Faith

Our "gifted" Life of Parenting